Automate Your Netezza Migration
Get off your legacy Netezza enterprise data warehouse and onto the cloud faster using automation.
How Do We Migrate Netezza to the Cloud?
When IBM discontinued support for a variety of Netezza versions in June of 2019, the once premium data appliance lost much of its appeal to enterprise customers. Now, many Netezza users are looking to migrate their data warehouses to new cloud targets to boost their analytical efficiency, productivity and business growth.
Use Automation to Accelerate Your Netezza Migration to the Cloud
We’ve helped Netezza customers accelerate their migrations by 60%.
1. Scan Your Entire Netezza Data Warehouse
Understand the lineage, applications and data flow of your legacy Netezza data warehouse from end-to-end.
2. Translate Netezza to Your Cloud Target
Natively translate your Netezza data warehouse code to your cloud target, using our automation tools.
3. Test & Validate Your Translated Code
Use automated data validation testing to ensure your translated code is fully performant in the cloud.
1. Automating Planning & Assessment Activities
- Scan Netezza Data Warehouse: Crawler360™ can identify the workloads within the Netezza environment that are migration candidates, including the lineage and data dependencies, in order to define the most appropriate migration path. Crawler360™ will also provide a lineage view for the data pipelines feeding Netezza, to develop the migration plan for repointing those pipelines to the cloud target.
- Identify Edge Cases: SHIFT™ Analyzer will scan the Netezza applications to identify the complete code inventory, complexity of objects, and "x-factors" that will require custom solutions when moving to the cloud.
2. Automating Code Translation
- Translate Netezza Code to Your Cloud Target: Translate all Netezza SQL and Stored Procedures to the target cloud syntax, with accuracy of at least 95% out of the box. Further, our Professional Services team leverages a vast knowledge base of solutions to help address common Netezza to cloud implementation scenarios.
3. Managing and Accelerating Cut-Over
- Perform Data Validation Testing: SHIFT™ Tester will automate key aspects of code and data validation testing when completing the migration project, in order to accelerate end-to-end testing efforts. This ensures all translated code compiles and executes with the expected results in the cloud target.
- Identify Application Dependencies: Crawler360™ will identify dependencies and "consumption lineage" to downstream applications (like analytics and reporting tools) in order to define the appropriate migration approach while identifying optimization and consolidation opportunities along the way.
What Leading Industry Analysts Are Saying About Our Migration Technology
"With its SHIFT™ self-service offering, Next Pathway is providing a solution that accelerates the migration process, giving organizations a faster route to realizing value from their data."
Principal Analyst, Enderle Group
"Next Pathway created SHIFT™ - a code translation engine that enables a remarkably swift and robust transition from traditional on-prem data warehousing, to the new reality in the cloud."
Principal Analyst, The Bloor Group
Netezza Migration Guide
How to Automate Your Netezza Migration
Planning to migrate your Netezza EDW to the cloud? Our step-by-step guide shows you how to migrate your legacy Netezza code to the cloud, 60% faster than manual estimates. Download our guide today.
Netezza to Snowflake Migration
Read our case study to see how this global automotive company completed their migration from Netezza to Snowflake.
Global Automotive Company Migrates from Netezza and Hadoop to Snowflake
Learn How with Our Free Case Study
End-to-End Cloud Migration Checklist
Use our easy-to-use checklist to ensure that you're fully covered in each stage of your ETL to cloud migration.
How to Automate Your ETL Migration
Our free guide shows you how to migrate your legacy ETLs to the cloud, 60% faster than manual estimates.
State of Enterprise Cloud Migrations Report
Gain Deeper Insights into the Future of the Enterprise Cloud
Discover the latest data on cloud migration for enterprise IT Leaders in Spring & Summer 2021, from where they are in their cloud journey, their key challenges and post-migration insights as well as which cloud & ETL solutions and models they prefer the most.
Watch a Video Demo of SHIFT™ Today
See a video demo of how SHIFT™ can accelerate the migration of your legacy Netezza EDW, ETL pipelines and BI & Analytics Applications to the cloud.